Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On the Tip of My Tongue

There's this one song from Sesame Street that is phenomenal, but I can't seem to find it on Youtube.  It's called....um, well I can't quite remember what it's called, but I remember how it goes.

It's kind of a...la-de-da-de-dum...if that helps.  Hmm, it's hard to relate that in text, but I can only remember the melody.  It's like that over and over and then come the lyrics!

Yeah...the lyrics.

It's something something "bird." Is it about Big Bird?  Maybe.  But I don't remember him singing it.  Maybe he sang an updated version of it.  They seemed to sing this song all the time on the show!

I wish I remembered the words!  Then I could just put it them here and then you can remind me!

I think it repeats itself twice, if that helps.

Okay, okay.  I definitely remember something "shining above."  And it's definitely about love.  That I remember.  I'm sorry.  For such a great song, I can't for the life of me remember how it goes.  But I remember why it's amazing!

Not only does it have a catchy tune, but it's about a feeling that everyone can relate to.  It's like that feeling of longing for something or enjoying a long-forgotten memory.  It brings people closer together as they sing it, because they can share all of the emotions alongside you.  It's a song that means something different for everyone who sings it, and yet, it is so familiar to us.  Almost humbling.  It affects the smartest adults just as much as it does the youngest children.  It is a song of unity and coming together to solve a problem.  It's about overcoming your frustrations and turning them into art that can be shared with the world.

Even the Grouch sings it!

If any of you have any idea what I'm talking about, could you please just tell me:

WHAT'S THE NAME OF THAT SONG?!

No comments:

Post a Comment